Tonight I made a lamb and mixed vegetable curry using the leftover leg of lamb A roasted for dinner on Sunday (the roast was fabulous, and the lamb a lovely housewarming gift from A’s mother). I also threw in:
- the remaining carrots and onion he roasted with it
- the leftover peas we had on the side
- whatever broccoli I didn’t use satisfying the broccoli-and-cheese baked potato craving I had earlier this week
- a sweet pepper I didn’t use in Friday’s pico de gallo
- the Turkish pepperoncini that didn’t make it into same
- ditto some of the fresh cilantro
- carrot sticks that survived my snacking
- celery not destined for tuna salad
- and the rest of the mushrooms from the giant pack I bought for the chicken, mushroom, and asparagus risotto I made last night.
Also an onion, four cloves of garlic, and two cans of chopped tomatoes.
Oh, and I worked that spice drawer, baby.